Monday
So today we went to 2D, and it was our chance to try out Fine Art. We first started by choosing a tiny object to put in a clear box with a grid drawn on. We then used graph paper to draw the images which made it easier to get the right proportions and shape, a technique first used by the likes of Albrech Durer. We then made this image twice as big, and then 18 times as big. Because we used a grid, it was easier to scale up, and although Fine Art is not my strong point, I was happy with the work I produced.
Wednesday
So today we began to focus more on still life. We were asked to create a still life on the table, and place frames with string woven like a grid in front of the objects. This gave the effect of a grid and so again, we used graph paper which made it easier to get the scale correct.
I enjoyed experimenting with the images of flowers I had created. I really like the image below. I cut up each individual square on the graph paper and arranged them into an intresting composition. I really like this technique and think that this looks a lot more intresting than the plain watercolour paintings I was doing. I am really pleased with the work I have produced in this workshop, and enjoyed experimenting with the image below.
No comments:
Post a Comment