Thursday, 22 September 2011

Creative Media with Textiles Day 2

Creative Media With Textiles - Drawing and Light - Unit 13


So today we moved on to looking at more experimental ways to develop the work we had created the previous session. We were asked to start looking at the relationship between the compositions we had selected and the way they could be explored using light. This involved using acetate and photocopying images onto transparent surfaces. I also experimented with making holes in my work to let the light through. This looked particularly effective when placed on the overhead projecter. Coloured plastic also looked effective when layered up. I really like the way the string looks when positioned on the wall with a light on. I think the shadows look very intresting and although the concept is simple, it looks very effective.





I like the seperate squares and think they look great as part of a set. I like how the patterns in each square are all taken from the same image but look so different as they are all made from different media. I really like the ones made with thread and wire. I really like these pieces and think they work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment