Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Wrapping Project
The initial inspiration for this project came from a piece we saw at The Whitworth Gallery in Manchester. A huge revolving table with several clear figures was placed in the centre of the room. Behind it, a light cast the shadows from the figures onto the wall, creating a magical 'dancing' shape on the wall. This project was all about exploring light. I took a wooden star, and wrapped it up in cling film and cellotape. I wrapped it as tightly as I could so as to keep its intresting shape. I then cut down the centre so I could remove the transparent shell without ruining the shape. I then used the overhead project to cast shadows and shapes onto the wall. I then produced an ink and fineliner drawing. I feel my work is effective and informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment