Visual Communication - Unit Two - Drawing & Measurement.
Drawing & measurement - Use letterforms and stencils to look at line. The brief asked us to look at different ways of creating text in our work. This could mean breaking up the letters or overlapping to create an abstract piece of work encorporating text. I really enjoyed this subject as I found that there were many different ways of creating intresting backgrounds with the overlapped letters. I also tried to create a repeating pattern using the letters, which I found worked really well. It was also intresting to use different materials such as ink and paint to overlap different letters to create a piece of work made up of abstract shapes and lines. I particulaly like the pattern I made using the letter 'X'. I used white and black to create a clash and think this makes the piece particularly stand out and look really effective. I think these letter forms have worked really well, especially with the black lines against the coloured backgrounds. I am really pleased with the pieces I produced in this workshop.
No comments:
Post a Comment