Wrapping - To select and wrap a series of objects. The breif asked us to choose items from a selection including a skeleton, pots, lightbulbs, and many kitchen implements. We were in pairs for this group, so me and my partner decided not just to chose one large object and wrap it, but to select a collection of objects to try and convey a story. We first chose the materials that we would wrap, including a whisk, a lightbulb and some scissors, all presented in a wrapped frame. We used cotton, string and masking tape to wrap the objects. I like the way each wrapped item has a different texture and look. We wanted to give the impression of things being trapped in the wrapping and convey an unsettling feeling. I think we acheived this, especially with the torn pieces of material which give the impression of ripped clothing on a fence. I think the colours reflect what we were trying to acheive as well. I think we did well and followed the brief well.
No comments:
Post a Comment