Tuesday, 22 November 2011

3D design - Drawing and Measurement

Today we were looking more into perspective and the advantages of using 3-point perspective within our drawing.This is a technique that allows you to create intresting 3-D drawings using a simple technique. A piece of paper is placed in between 2 strings nailed to the wall, another string is also nailed at the bottom underneath the sheet of paper. We then pulled graphite along the strings so they could be used to create marks, the strings are then pulled across the paper to create a series of black lines. I was really intrested in thsi technique and enjoyed the process. I was pleased with the result.




After using this technique we began to look at 2 point perspective using A4 paper. This is a technique where a 3D image can be created using 2 points at the edge of the paper. It worked particularly well when drawing stairs. It allows you to create an effective drawing using a simple measuring technique. The final image looked really nice when photocopied and inverted so the colours stood out more. I am very happy with these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment